We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation).
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, company name, email address and contact telephone);
- any other information that you choose to send to us; for example via contact forms, product enquiries, newsletter sign ups, product registrations
Site Visitation Tracking
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. Blocking all cookies may, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Website Comments and Reviews
Should you chose to add comments or reviews to any products or information pages or posts on the website, the information you inputted will be saved to this website’s database, along with the date and time of submission. This is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comments of the respective page/post. Only your chosen name will be shown on the public-facing website. Your comment and its associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either remove the comment or remove the page. Should you wish for your comment and associated data to be deleted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the email address you commented with.
If you are under 16 you must obtain parental consent before posting on our website.
You should avoid entering personally identifiable information to the actual comment field on any public comment or review that you submit to this website.
Contact Forms (Contact Us, Enquiries)
The data that you supply will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by SSL meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices. This data will only be used for the purpose of answering your queries and will not be passed to any third party data processors. Once this data is no longer needed (i.e. your query is resolved) we will delete it. We may store your data in our local ERP system in order to administer your queries where necessary.
Product Registration Form
Data will be stored for the purpose of administration of the warranty and/or service plan.This will be stored on our website until the data is transferred to our local server. Data will only be held for the warranty and service plan period plus 6 months.
Using Your Personal Information
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
Security Of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We will only request data that is relevant to our purposes, and if we no longer need to hold your information we will delete it from our records.
You must expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes and can opt out at any time, either by using the unsubscribe link on emails received or by emailing us at email@example.com
You also have a right to request that we delete your information under the following circumstances:
- The personal data is no longer necessary or relevant in relation to the purpose for which it was original collected
- You no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us
- You specifically withdraws consent to processing (and if there is no other justification or legitimate interest for continued processing)
- Personal data has been unlawfully processed, in breach of the GDPR
- The data must be erased in order for a controller to comply with legal obligations (for example, the deletion of certain data after a set period of time)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to request. Providing that there is no justification or legitimate interest for our continued holding of data, we will delete within 28 days. In instances where data has been shared with third parties as laid out in this policy, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure compliance.
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.